The following position is available:
Bioanalyst (Chemical Analysis)
Closing Date: 27 September 2022
Method development and analysis of compounds in biological fluids or other materials. Development of methods and analysis of compounds including quantitative or qualitative analysis of exogenous or endogenous compounds in biological fluids or other materials, under the supervision of the appointed Study Manager (and/or Line Manager). Development of analytical methods in consultation and collaboration with senior staff and the appointed Study Manager.
Practical execution of the method validation and study sample analysis phases of analytical projects. This may include the planning and execution of analytical projects at a secondary level, carrying out the day-to-day study tasks, providing work direction to staff and monitoring the instrument performance. Write, maintain and comply with SOPs relevant to area of work.
Conform to the GLP and GCP principles and other quality systems and regulations that are applicable to the division. Provide work direction to current and new staff involved with the execution of a specific study.
Keep pace with developments in analytical chemistry and/or immunochemistry and/or related fields which have a bearing on the optimal operation of the group.
• Value the importance of teamwork within functional groups to achieve objectives (i.e. groups with members from diverse backgrounds created to complete short term projects) thru good communication and soft skills.
• Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks by prioritizing the workload with attention to detail.
• Self-motivated with a willingness to accept responsibility and challenges.
• Computer skills; ability to use MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Job Posting Qualifications:
• Thorough knowledge of bioanalytical chemistry with at least 2 years’ experience, preferably within the clinical research industry, in quantitative and qualitative analysis of biological samples (or other materials) for exogenous (mainly drugs) and endogenous (mainly hormones and enzymes) compounds by means of some of the following analytical techniques: High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), Fluorescence or Ultra Violet Spectrophotometry, Immunoassay Techniques (RIA, EMIT, ELISA, FPIA etc.), as well as experience in a bioanalytical laboratory.
• Good knowledge and practical experience of applicable international and local guidelines and regulations (e.g. GLP, GCP, FDA, EMA).
• At least a graduate science qualification e.g. B.Sc. or B.Sc. (Hons.), B.Med.Sc., (Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology), and/or other equivalent qualifications (e.g. 4 or more years certified diploma in laboratory science, e.g. e.g. B.Tech or equivalent). Chemistry and Physics as major subjects will be considered as strong recommendations but at least a one-year course in Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics is a necessary requirement.
All applications to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us for any HR related queries:
Sandra Gregory (Manager, Human Resources)
+27 51 410 3078
+27 51 410 3253